Daybeds are one of the most comfortable furniture items to use for chilling outdoors, since they impart a great deal of style and glamour to any place – be it a patio space, poolside area, balcony, garden, sun room, deck or veranda. In other words, these furniture pieces are versatile enough for allowing one to tan, read, lounge, sleep or even socialise. They are, in fact, a perfect amalgamation of regular beds & chaise lounges, and sometimes even come in options having a comfortable backrest & also a canopy to provide protection from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
If you are planning to get an outdoor daybed for yourself in Northern Beaches, there are certain factors that you will need to take into account. The foremost thing that you ought to consider is that the item would stay outside most of the time and should therefore, be designed with durability as well as resistance to weather elements in mind. As such, the mattresses or cushions used for the daybed should be upholstered with weather- and waterproof material. Besides that, the filling has to be made of a sturdy foam core that is resistant to water.
But that’s not all, the other factors that you will need to contemplate carefully are as follows:
- UV resistant fabrics must be used for refurbishing the daybed
- The item should have enough mobility to allow for occasional movement from one spot to another
- Cushions and mattress on the trundle should ensure a great degree of comfort
- Everything on the furniture piece must be treated effectively to withstand the brunt of weather elements.
When it comes to constructing the framework of the daybed, there is a range of constituent materials that you can pick from ——
- Wicker – due to being a synthetic resin, wicker offers excellent weatherproofing and durability.
- Timber – teak is particularly suitable, and can even be treated for offering greater durability.
- Aluminium – perhaps the most ideal, because of its lightness, corrosion resistance and inherent strength.
- Stainless Steel – not only stands the test of time, but also has a sleek industrial appearance.
Since daybeds are available in a variety of material, style, size and shape options, it is important that you choose from among them keeping your own requirements in mind. While the single versions offer a lot of personal space, their twin counterparts provide the privilege of sharing your chill session with someone else.